What is the SPAW Protocol?
A regional agreement for the protection and sustainable use of coastal and marine biodiversity in the Wider Caribbean Region.
Our SPAW programme supports countries to implement their national obligations under the SPAW Protocol.
What are SPAW’s areas of focus?
- Marine Protected Areas and Wildlife
- Threatened and Endangered Marine Species
- Marine and Coastal Ecosystems
- Guidelines for Protected Areas and Species
How can SPAW support my marine biodiversity work in the Caribbean?
- Improve management of protected areas
- Conserve threatened and endangered species
- Assist with other regional and global biodiversity agreements and commitments